Living from Self-Worth: How to be an unconditional friend to yourself
We live in a world driven by self-esteem. Our reputation with ourselves is defined by all things external: the things we buy, the way we look, what people think about us. Our career, our income, our achievements. This relationship is conditional, and driven by our inner critic: always needing to do better, and therefore never enough.
The self-worth journey, just like yoga, is internal. When living from self-worth we are kind to ourselves, no matter what is happening in our external circumstances. Sure, we can still have goals and things to work towards, but when things don't go our way, we don't make it personal. Our value has nothing to do with our role or performance, bank balance or relationship status. We can suffer a setback or loss, and quickly pick ourselves up again and move on. We can take rejection and make mistakes. Our relationship with ourselves is unaffected.
What you'll experience in this workshop:
- The two worlds of self-worth & self-esteem
- Why self-worth is so important today
- The seven shifts to unconditional friendship with yourself
- How to develop self-worth for your body and in your relationships
- The Yoga of Self-Worth: a meditation and movement practice Interactive breakout rooms to connect and share your experience
There is an online stream available for this activity. To participate, take the following steps:
- This studio uses Zoom as their online streaming provider. Download the according app to your laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Access to the online livestream is available 15 minutes before the start of the activity. Simply go to "My bookings" and click on "Join online stream now" to be redirected to the corresponding page
- With some streaming providers (e.g. Zoom) it is possible for participants to see each other. However, it is theoretically possible to deactivate the camera function. The name you enter when entering the online meeting room is displayed to other participants. However, you can always change your name (e.g. only the initials). Please note: Individual rules for online participation may apply for each class or venue.
Rich's first experience of yoga was in 2006, when he discovered Bikram Yoga whilst traveling and working in Sydney, and he quickly became hooked. Despite discovering a new awareness in his body, he soon realised that the heat wasn't helping to calm his mind, and so stopped the practice. Living in Hamburg years later, he stumbled across a Hatha yoga class in his local gym and the seed was sown, as it brought him a sense of calm, peace and balance. In looking to deepen his practice when he relocated to Bali in 2017, he found a home at The Practice, Canggu, where a year later he completed his 200hr Tantric Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, and also began to study and learn from Rod Stryker's Parayoga system, and the Sri Vidya lineage it originates from. Also a student of taiji & qigong, as well as non-linear forms of embodiment, Rich uses his experience to teach self-awareness practices for mindful living around the world, with a grounded approach that he tries to make accessible to anyone, regardless of their shape, size, belief system or way into self-understanding. The approach to finding balance and stillness first comes from his own experience, having overcome stress, depression and an autoimmune disease and shaped a very different life for himself. As a coach and speaker Rich is inspired to help people find a depth of connection and meaning in their lives, bringing the ancient wisdom that yoga offers, both on and off the mat. (Unterrichtssprache Englisch)
|1.||26/09/2021||14:00 - 17:00||Live Stream .., 0000 "Bei Dir zu Hause"||Rich|
* All prices including VAT